The Head Instructor
Full time head instructor Ken Byrne founded Golden Tiger Academy in August 2008 and now have well over 130 regular members. Our emphasis is on providing access to a Modern Martial Arts Academy that involves a holistic approach to teaching children with the main focus being on "Bully Proofing" kids for life. With emphasis on practical self defence for adults as well as encouraging incorporating exercise and sport into our busy modern day lifestyles to maintain our physical and mental health
Ken is now teaching a wide variety of classes to students from 4 years to 60+ years.
- He has over 26 years of experience in various styles with black belts in Combat WonHwaDo, Haidong Gumdo, Traditional Karate.
- In Jan 2013 Ken set up Dunboyne MMA (Mixed Martial Arts School). With high level coaches in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Boxing, Wrestling, Judo & Conditioning for MMA. There are over 8X dedicated classes a week for anyone wishing to take up MMA. Dunboyne MMA has a full equipped GYM, Cage and Grappling Area.
- Ken along with his fellow student Ian Crehan are the only two people to to hold the rank of instructor in Ireland under Raw Combat International founder Luke Holloway. Ken and Ian are now teaching teaching Raw Combat International Self-Protection via "Raw Combat Ireland".
- Holds the rank of Blue Belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu from Ryron Gracie, head instructor at the Gracie Academy HQ, Torrance CA, USA.
- Holds the rank of Blue Belt Stripe two under his Black Belt Instructor Simon Yeo (Roger Gracie London) Yeo Dojo Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Qualified MMA fitness and conditioning coach under world famous Kevin Kearns AKA "Burn With Kearns" Conditioning coach and trainer to some of the top fighters in the UFC.
- He also holds grades in Japanese Jiu-jitsu, Tae Kwon Do, and multi based weapons systems.
- He is now teaching JakDaeKiDo (Korean stick martial art)
"A Modern Martial Arts Academy"
One of the key elements to Golden Tiger's teaching methods are essential life skills modules for kids that are unique to Golden Tiger Academy. "Success For Life Educational Program" is a method used help children learn essential life skills in a fun and interactive way that allows both instructor and parent to monitor their child's progress easily.
Some of these life skills are
- Family Team Work
Our focus is on making sure our members have fun in a safe, rewarding and challenging environment. We have has huge success with our classes for adults.