Full time head instructor Ken Byrne founded Golden Tiger Academy in 2008 and now has well over 100 regular members. Our emphasis is on providing access to a Modern Martial Arts Academy that involves a holistic approach to teaching children with the main focus being on giving kids a comprehensive “anti bully” program. With emphasis on practical self defence for adults as well as encouraging incorporating exercise and sport into our busy modern day lifestyles to maintain our physical and mental health
Ken is now teaching a wide variety of classes to students from 4 years to 60+ years.
- He has over 29 years of experience with black belts in WonHwaDo, Haidong Gumdo, Traditional Karate.
- Raw Silat Certified Trainer. Kickboxing Coach.
- Holds the rank of Purple Belt under his Black Belt Instructor Simon Yeo (Roger Gracie London) Yeo Dojo Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.
- Qualified MMA fitness and conditioning coach under world famous Kevin Kearns AKA “Burn With Kearns” Conditioning coach and trainer to some of the top fighters in the UFC.
- He also holds grades in Japanese Jiu-jitsu, Tae Kwon Do, Kenpo Karate and multiple weapons based self-defense systems.
- He is now teaching JakDaeKiDo (Korean stick martial art)
“A Modern Martial Arts Academy”
One of the key elements to Golden Tiger’s teaching methods are essential life skills modules for kids that are unique to Golden Tiger Academy. “Success For Life Educational Program” is a method used help children learn essential life skills in a fun and interactive way that allows both instructor and parent to monitor their child’s progress easily.
Some of these life skills are
- Family Team Work
Our focus is on making sure our members have fun in a safe, rewarding and challenging environment. We have had huge success with our classes for adults.
Sifu Michael O’Leary
WING TSUN KUNG-FU INSTRUCTOR
KENPO KARATE INSTRUCTOR